It’s 2012. By now we are suppose to be living a a utopian society filled with flying cars… Yet the state of affairs appears to be severely lacking:
- Cruise control is not standard issue in all new vehicles. (Neither is air conditioning.)
- Windows 7 still requires you to paste your screenshot into an image editor to save it. (Yes, I know… Android is even worse.)
- Cell phone companies still offer plans without text messaging.
- POP3 not only still exists, but is frequently used.
- People are still using roman numerals.
- 3D is apparently still a good idea.
- People still make lists of pet peeves and annoyances.
- Netflix still hasn’t invented a “random movie” option, or for that matter, any easy way to sort by category or MPAA rating.
This is my short list of “daily annoyances” and I’m sure I’m leaving things out. What annoys you now that we live in the future?
What else would you add to this list?